Chris was born in England but grew up in Melbourne, starting ballet classes at the age of six. He trained at the Camberwell
District Ballet School before moving to London to study at The Royal Ballet School, where he won the Charles Wall scholarship
and the Kenneth Macmillan Trust Scholarship, and toured to Germany and Dubai.
Chris joined the Birmingham Royal Ballet in 2007. Career highlights included Pas de Quatre in Peter Wright’s Sleeping Beauty, the Pas de Six in Swan Lake, Rose Fairy Cavalier in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker, First Seminarian in David Binley’s Carmina Burana, the Mandolin Dance in Macmillan’s Romeo and Juliet, Grosse Fugue by Hans van Manen andIn the Upper Room by Twyla Tharp. He toured with the BRB to Japan, China and the USA. He joined The Australian Ballet in 2011.
- The Adolescent in Graeme Murphy's Beyond Twelve 2012
- Officer Pas de Trois in Stephen Baynes' Swan Lake 2012
- Robert Helpmann's The Display 2012
- Kromow in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow 2011
- Sir Kenneth Macmillan's Concerto 2011
You may not know…
Chris likes vintage markets, music festivals and a good Sunday roast.