Photography Jez Smith
Collette Dinnigan for The Australian Ballet at Target promotion
Conditions of Entry
1. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry is invalid. Entry into the ‘Collette Dinnigan for The Australian Ballet at Target’ promotion (Promotion) is deemed as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter is The Australian Ballet ABN 57 004 849 987 of The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank VIC 2006, phone 03 9669 2700.
3. Entry into the Promotion is open to individuals who satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- must be 18 years or older;
- must be permanent residents of Australia; and
- must not be employees of or an immediate family member of employees of the Promoter, The Australian Ballet School or The Australian Ballet Society.
4. The Promotion commences on Wednesday 21 November 2012 at 9.00am (AEST). All entries must be received by the Promoter by Monday 21 January 2013, 5pm (AEST) (Promotional Period).
5. To enter, you must satisfy the eligibility requirements above. During the Promotional Period you must visit the website australianballet.com.au/targetcomp, nominate a child between 3 and 16 years of age and describe in 25 words or less what the nominated child loves most about ballet, then fill in your personal details and submit your entry. Eligible entrants are permitted to enter as many times as they wish.
6. Chance plays no part in winning this Promotion. Entries will be judged on their originality and charm from the valid entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. The winner will be judged by the Promoter on Wednesday 23 January 2013 at the premises of The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank VIC 3006. The winner will be the entrant judged to have submitted the best response.
8. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winning entry will receive a prize package for one adult and one child (between 3 and 16 years of age) inclusive of two Premium tickets to any 2013 mainstage performance of The Australian Ballet in Sydney, a pre-performance back stage tour during which the winner will meet dancers of The Australian Ballet, return flights in economy (inclusive of taxes and fees) from any capital city in Australia to Sydney, two night’s accommodation (inclusive of taxes and fees) including daily breakfast, in a Twin Deluxe Harbour View Room at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney. This prize package is valued at a maximum of $3,454AUD. Flights and accommodation booking details will be determined by the Promoter in consultation with the winner by Wednesday 6 February, 2013. Choice of flights and accommodation will be subject to price and availability. Winners are responsible for all costs not included in the prize package, including extra fees, transfer costs, spending money, all meals, taxes and all other related expenses.
10. The winner will be personally notified by telephone and email no later than 5pm Wednesday 23 January, 2013. The winning entrant and nominated child will be publicly announced on The Australian Ballet website and associated social media no later than 5pm Thursday 24 January 2013.
11. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's and nominated child’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services supplied by the Promoter.
12. The winner's right to their prize is non-transferable, non-saleable and not redeemable for cash. Once issued, flights and accommodation package are non-changeable. Frequent flyer points may not be accrued. Denied-boarding compensation will not be permitted in conjunction with these tickets. Qantas prize tickets are valid on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only and for Economy Class air travel only and are not upgradeable with cash or Frequent Flyer points. The tickets cannot be used on services which are operated by another airline but which have a QF flight number (known as 'codeshare services'); nor can they be used on Jetstar services or Qantas regional airline services under the QantasLink brand. Stopovers are not permitted. Where a destination includes an overnight stop (due to unavailability of connecting air services), accommodation will be at the winner’s expense.
13. Entrants are fully responsible for the content they submit. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable in any way for such content. Entrants warrant that their content and any use of their content by the Promoter will not infringe or cause the infringement of the rights of any person (including intellectual property, privacy and confidentiality rights), and agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of this term. Entrants must ensure that their nominated child’s parent or guardian understands and agrees to the provisions of these Conditions of Entry as they relate to the nominated child.
14. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any claims, liabilities, injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred (including negligence), in connection with this Promotion or arising out of the acceptance of the prize.
15. If the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) which is Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) applies to this Promotion at any time, nothing in these Conditions of Entry excludes or limits any liability the Promoter may have under the ACL or similar legislation that the Promoter is not permitted by Law to exclude or limit, including liability to a “consumer” (as that term is defined in that ACL). The Promoter limits any liability it has for breach of a consumer guarantee under the ACL to resupplying the services in respect of which the breach occurred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
17. If a winning entry does not comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be awarded to the valid entry judged to be the next best.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the winner winning the prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
21. In the event of the prize not being accepted or claimed by 18 February 2013, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. A new winner of that prize will be awarded to the entry judged to be the next best. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The new winner will be personally notified by telephone and email by no later than Thursday 21 February, 2013. Winner will be publicly announced on The Australian Ballet website and associated social media no later than 5pm Friday 22 February 2013.
23. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these Conditions of Entry and any communications regarding the Promotion, these Conditions of Entry take precedence over such communications.