Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. To be eligible for entry, consumers must purchase a new or renew an existing ‘Take’ or ‘Choose Your Own’ season package to The Australian Ballet’s 2013 season. Entry is automatic on purchasing or renewing a season package, and entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions. Season packages can be purchased or renewals made at online at australianballet.com.au; by mail to PO Box 838, South Melbourne Delivery Centre, VIC 3205; or by phoning 1300 369 741.
2. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia aged 18 or above at the time of entry, other than the persons listed in paragraph 18 of these Conditions of Entry, and there is a limit of one entry per season package purchase or renewal transaction.
3. The competition commences on Thursday 6 September 2012 at 9.00am (AEST). Season package bookings must be received by The Australian Ballet (‘the Promoter’) by Friday 26 October 2012, 5pm (AEST).
4. The draw for the winner will take place on Thursday 1 November 2012 at 10.00am (AEST) at the premises of The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank VIC 3006. The winner will be drawn via electronic random selection. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. The first valid entry drawn from all season packages received will win a prize package for two adults at premium luxury resort qualia on Hamilton Island, Queensland, Australia, for the weekend event ‘pas de deux in paradise’ in 2013 (dates to be confirmed). This package is inclusive of return flights in economy (inclusive of taxes and fees) for two adults from either Melbourne or Sydney, two nights’ accommodation for two adults in a Windward Pavilion, breakfast and dinner, a sunset performance by artists from The Australian Ballet, VIP chauffeur service around Hamilton Island, use of a 2-seater golf buggy and non-motorised watercraft for the duration of the weekend, and VIP return Hamilton Island Airport/Marina transfers valued at $6,010 (‘the Prize’). Flight and accommodation booking details will be determined by The Australian Ballet in consultation with the winner by Thursday 22 November 2012. Winners are responsible for all costs not included in the basic package, including extra fees, transfer costs, spending money, meals not included, taxes (excluding all flight related taxes) and all other related expenses.
6. The winner will be personally notified by telephone, email and mail by Monday 5 November 2012. A public notice will also be published in The Australian newspaper on Monday 5 November 2012. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
7. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
8. The winner's right to their prize is non-transferable, non-saleable and not redeemable for cash. Once issued, flights and accommodation package are non-changeable. Frequent flyer points may not be accrued. Denied-boarding compensation will not be permitted in conjunction with these tickets.
9. The winner releases the Promoter and other organisers from all claims, liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with this competition or the acceptance of the Prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with this competition or arising out of acceptance of the Prize.
10. An entry will be declared invalid if the season package is cancelled prior to the draw date or if the second instalment payment is not provided by Monday 6 May 2013.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
12. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that Prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 4 and 5. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value. Where the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval by The NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing, and The Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the winner winning the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
16. In the event of the Prize not being accepted or claimed within 3 months of the draw, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner. A new winner of that Prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 4 and 5 on Friday 1 February 2013 at 10am at the premises of The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank VIC 3006. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The new winner will be personally notified by telephone, email and mail by Tuesday 5 February 2013 and a public notice will also be published in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 12 February 2013.
18. Employees and their immediate families of The Australian Ballet, The Australian Ballet School and The Australian Ballet Society are ineligible to enter.
19. The Promoter is:
The Australian Ballet, The Primrose Potter Australian Ballet Centre, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh Street Southbank VIC 2006
ABN 57 004 849 987. Ph – 03 9669 2700
20. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/06549 and VIC Permit No. 12/1938